Friday, February 26, 2010
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
p.s. I will add the other Blackbird items tomorrow.....my eyes won't focus anymore ;)
Monday, February 22, 2010
Off to get more information up- will talk to you soon!
Saturday, February 20, 2010
First up we have the much talked about new Little House and Impie, Hattie and Bea piece- very cute!! The phrase on the stitching reads "Needle and Thread, Needle and Thread, When Starlight Fades, I lay them to Bed. The stitched piece gets attached to the finished Impie piece and becomes the blanket, there is an attached pin cushion to form the pillow and you can store a pay of scissors under the blanket. These are limited and I only have a few left- so place your orders now if you don't want to miss out. Price is $38 and includes the chart, threads and finished "bed"
Also new at Hoffman was the new Nora Corbett Floss Fairy- this is a complete set at $70.
I visited the ladies at Blackbird (talk about a crowded room) They had their new Honeysuckle Manor book which includes a few samplers and some smalls as well. They also had a new house series called Anniversary of the Heart- one released from Jan-Sep (one each month first two available now) The last 3 will be released in a book next holiday season.
I was able to see a sneak preview of the new Cat's Whiskers piece-Retail Therapy which will be released in April and it is purse that turns into a tote bag- very clever!!
For you who love the With My Needles Mrs Waddelow it looks like she is going to get some friends and this is becoming a series.
Next up I went to Glendon Place and saw her new piece- Dance of the Tulips that will be coming out in March- very cute- pinks and greens- can't wait for this one!
I went into the Stitch a Gift room and saw their banners. Shown were several examples but I really liked the Little House Monthly Samplers that were put into their banners (each month with a coordinating fabric for that design) So easy and no finishing required.
OK I have to admit that I have sold some Courtney Collection charts on special order but did not really think twice about them- I saw the models today and all I can say is wow- the Gem show collection is great- really love the colors and they look great all together-would make a great wall. Also released was Black Work Show which is a great blackwork piece that can be stitched as one large piece or broken up into smaller pieces.
I am not sure if most of you know but Hardanger is my first and true love!!!! I went into the Satin Stitches suite and just had to drool over everything. It is my goal in life for all of my customers to learn hardanger (and from the Year Resolutions I know there are a lot of you that want to) I know you will fall in love and it is easier then it looks and the results can be breath taking!
One of the reasons I love to come to these shows is because I always find new designers (new to me anyway) I went into the room for Gita's Designs and fell in love with a couple of pieces I know without a doubt are going into my house. A lot of her things are petit point but they are all full stitches and can easily be done in cross stitch as well.
For those of you doing the SYHO series I saw the finished book and it is really done nicely. All of the finished pieces are attached to a cream fabric and then finished into a book....remember you get the free finishing directions and cover chart when you buy all 12 designs.
There are some designs where the chart cover does nothing really for the design- the Little House Once Upon a Time series is one of these. I saw the finished models and love them!! So soft- I can see these stitched up and hung in my daughters room!!
New series coming out for Country Cottage (with Crescent Colours floss) is Summer Seascapes (5 part series starting in March) and a new series for Raise the Roof (also with Crescent Colours) is Libertyville- a great coastal piece (4 parts starting in March)
Another designer I have not really carried before was Chessie & Me- I saw some great pieces there with 5 new releases ( Strawberry Banke, Sarah Talbot 1787, Chessies Fern w/linen and floss ((pin cushion and fob)) , Botanical Sewing Pocket and Rabbit Run Cushion Fob) I will try and get those added to the site soon.
La-D-Da patterns did not disappoint either- new releases there include Lazy Alphabet, ABCD, Your Gentleness and Sarah Lowell.
The one piece that made me laugh the most was from Raise the Rook- UFO - This is a limited piece and I only have a few available. The chart comes with a "coupon" that you are allowed to take one of your UFO's and turn it into a pin cushion. The chart also comes with a UFO pin to use on it.....very cute and what a way to use and keep that UFO you know you will never finish. ....now everytime you use it you can think about what a great use that UFO became.
The big preview of the show was probably at the Just Nan booth- Released in April is the Twilight Pearls Leave Ball- kind of a cross between a ball, biscornu and 4 leaf clover...strange sounding I know but very cool!! These will be $32 and include the chart and all embellishments.
I am sure that there are a lot of things I am missing and will add the other new things to the site as fast as possible when I return. Again I am sorry about the lack of computer-my goal was to post every few hours but I spent all of that time trying to fix my other computer. I wish all of you could be here- it is so exciting to see all of the models- so much eye candy and I wish I had a million years to stitch everything I saw! Have a nice night and will talk to you soon.
Friday, February 19, 2010
1) Erica Michaels- OK I have never stitched on the gauze but looking at these makes me want to try. She has 4 new releases- Easter Bits, St Patricks Day Bits, Papillon and Time and Seasons. I will say that my favorite was the Papillon (butterfly)- the colors really stood out to me.
2) Fern Ridge had a cute new sewing set- Willow Bay which sits inside of a Victorian sewing basket (also for sale).
3) Keslyn's- I just love her things! Newly released is Welcome (similar to Zephyr which is another of her recent releases) Blooming Hearts which is a great purple piece with hearts and a flower in the center. I have two favorites- one would be Itty Bittys- which is a larger piece made up of 16 different little designs. The second would be Ribbon Babies that is a design made up of 4 squares and all of the stitching is done in silk ribbon- very cool looking and one I really want to try. Also released is Mojave, and Crimson.
4) With My Needle- You saw the new pieces on my site but I will say that I love the colors in the Quaker Sampling III!!
5)Praiseworthy Stitches- again these are up on the site but the one that surprised me was the Emiliana Sewing Case- the pictures were nothing like the real piece- the stitching on both sides is incredible and the the colors are so soft - I love the greens and pinks together! This is a must have for me-
6) Just Nan did not preview her show special but I was able to see the releases for the first part of March. Being released is Leave It Green- a garden based sampler stitched on Spring Garden Belfast . Tea With Honey is a pin cushion cube that has a card stock banding and includes the Tea Party Pin Set. They will also have Keep a Little Secret for all of you peacock lovers out there- the set includes a needle slide (with a stitched peacock on the inside). The next pin to be released is the Peacock Charm Garden Pin. More Just Nan items include her Needle Tweets (little birds that hold needles and pins), and Vintage Winders (vintage brass stampings for winders for your thread)
7) Courtney Collection- for all of you blackwork lovers out there we have a newly released blackwork sampler that can be stitched together or you can take the motifs and stitch separate.
8) If anyone of you like silk ribbon there were some cute needlebook (or bead stop) kits from Divine Threads.
9) Also very cute are the new releases from Woolen Thread Designs- it comes with the wool and templates that you attach to your finished sewing- there were a couple of seasonal pieces (Snow, Halloween etc).
10) Milady's Needle- As mentioned earlier she has released the My Little Bees Ruler Pocket and also the ABC Come Stitch with Me set- both very cool. I also really liked the new Quaker Pendants- each come with enough fabric and threads for 4 designs and one pendant (you can buy additional pendants) Stitched over one these would make great gifts (or you can keep them all to yourself) for any Quaker or jewelry lovers.
11) DebBee's Design is having a 1/2 sale on all of their kits (they are not longer going to be making kits) Not sure what they have since it is limited to what is on hand but if there is something you are looking for let me know and I can take a look.
12) Stitching Parlor has a great new Easter Egg piece- come with several smalls that all fit into this decorated Easter Egg.
13) From Periwinkle we have Redfield Sampler, and Frosty Spring .
14) Last but not least from Jeannette Douglas we have several samplers released and a couple of small biscornu sets.
Sorry don't have a lot of detailed information but with the crowds it was hard to get more then a sneek peek. If any of these sound of interest to you please let me know. Again pre-orders are being taken through tomorrow (Sat) as long as the items are still available.
One note on the Rose Quaker- there are a limited amount on hand at the show (I will get as many as I can) but know that there may be a delay in these.
I am not going off to get my game plan for tomorrow going and then off to bed. I will talk to you all tomorrow. Thanks again!
p.s. forgive me if some of this does not make a lot of sense....I need sleep ;)
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Just as a side note there was an order problem with the Petite Scissors from Dinky Dyes (they did not receive the same colors that they ordered) so take a look at the new picture on the site for updated information. Can't believe I leave in 2 days.......anyone have extra time they could send my way?? Thanks!
Monday, February 15, 2010
Sunday, February 14, 2010
I have entered the Lizzie Kate items on the site- no pictures yet but I have the pricing. I have also added the new Ink Circles design (not really a Nashville release but coming out the same week so I will offer the same prepayment discount) Also new to the site one of the releases from Shakespeare's Peddler- Jenny Bean's Humble Servant Sampler.
Not yet added to the site but thought you might want to here that the following designers will also have new releases-
-Keslyns will have 8 new releases
-Mrytle Grace will have several of their punch needle designs now available in cross stitch.
-Erica Michaels will have a few new releases in her Petite Collection
-Milady's Needle will have her release of My Little Bees Ruler Pocket and the ABC Come Stitch -With Me will have a new needlebook and fob that will be released in one chart with the ruler, floss tag and stitchers pocket. She will also be releasing 2 new Needle Pendants which come in a kit with the fabric and floss with the jewelry frame. Last she will release Milady's Schoolroom Primer Kit which will include the hornbook, fabric and silks.
-Praiseworthy Stitchs will be releasing the last of Simple Gifts- Joy, Emilians Sewing Case, Tiny Pumpkin Etui Kit, Eggstraordinary Egg Kit and Jingle Bells Ornament Kit.
-Workbasket will be releasing 5 new charts as well.
That is it for today but I will post as soon as I have more updates for you. Remember all orders will be combined and I can take orders until Sat the 20th as long as I receive payment and the item can still be ordered at Nashville.
Saturday, February 13, 2010
1) The new Rosewood and Mingiustitch pieces have been added to the site ( http://www.wasatchneedlecraft.com/ )
2) Blackbird has released photos of their new pieces but I do not have pricing yet- so you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to place an order. You can see their new pieces at
3) Jeannette Douglas is releasing Mandala- A Large nine round Mandala piece with a special Friendship treat- continues use of the Biscornu stacker.
4)The next Acworth Sampler is being released from the Marking Sampler
5)There will be a fabric and thread kit for both the GPA and Mingiustitch 3 basket pieces- prices are not final but they will be approx $46-58
6)Little House Needlework and Impie, Hattie and Bea will have a new limited edition piece released at Nashville- no pricing yet. If this is like last year it will be very limited on how many I can get but I will get as many as possible.
There will be more additions but this is what I have for now- remember all orders can be combined. Thanks again-
Friday, February 12, 2010
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Now most of you know that I am having a pre-order and prepayment sale on all Nashville releases- This sale will continue throughout most of the Nashville weekend as well- As long as I get the money and I am able to order the items before I leave Nashville you can still get the discount- this way you can take advantage of the good pricing on the new items that I find along the way. (You can send orders to my email at email@example.com and paypal payment to that same address) Feel free to send in multiple orders- I will combine and adjust shipping.
You can also check this blog throughout the week on new information about Nashville releases and after Nashville I will continue to post updates on new releases and even offer a sale/special now and again to those that follow the blog. Now on to some Nashville news-
Below are items that are going to be released but I do not have pictures or pricing yet but these are things you can look forward to-
Lizzie Kate will have 3 new kits released
1-Spring Fab Fob Kit (Limited Edition) Think Flower power colors and motifs and the cutest little scissors you have seen.
2-Chicks Rules Kit (Limited Edition) 3 Chicks who mean business- kit includes fabric and 3 hand dyed buttons.
3-ABC of Aging Artfully- Alphabetic phrases for aging artfully- kit includes threads.
I will add more here as soon as I get the information. If you see anything online that you want- just let me know. Thanks again!